Installing Yeti

macOS specific questions.
Bjørn

Installing Yeti

Post by Bjørn »

Installing Yeti,

I have changed the path in the .mod file and directed the path to the Yeti folder, that I placed under plugins in my Maya directory.
I cant make it work. I have no idea how to set the MAYA_MODULE_PATH or where to find it.

What seemed to work the best was when I copied the individual files from the specific folders into the corresponding folders, but that did of cause not work.

Apparently it's super easy to install Yeti and nobody talks about it so I must be the only guy who can't figure it out...

How do I go about finding the Maya module path?

colin
Site Admin

Re: Installing Yeti

Post by colin »

Hi Bjorn,

There is a link to a decent webpage on setting environment variables on Max OSX in the installation documentation. You can also set this in your Maya.env file.

Thank you

Erik_JE

Post by Erik_JE »

You can find the MAYA_MODULE_PATH through maya by doing in a python editor:

Code: Select all

import os
print os.environ['MAYA_MODULE_PATH']
Should be something along the lines off:

/Users/erik/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2014-x64/modules:/Users/erik/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/modules:/Users/Shared/Autodesk/modules/maya/2014:/Users/Shared/Autodesk/modules/maya
Put the mod file in one of those and it should work.
Pipeline TD, Fido Film

colin
Site Admin

Post by colin »

BTW - as much as I love macs they don't make it easy for users to manage their environment with all the .plist schtick. My rule of thumb is that any sort of production use on the Mac really should happen with applications started from the shell in a clean but managed environment.

I'm hoping to share some of our tools to make this easier in the coming months - I'll post more information here for guinea pigs... I mean, beta testers.

Cheers

Bjørn

Post by Bjørn »

Thanks for the help you have given me thus far.

I never really mannaged to use my student license, because I have been too busy to keep boxing with it.
Skærmbillede 2013-12-18 kl. 10.48.24.png
Skærmbillede 2013-12-18 kl. 10.48.24.png (804.47 KiB) Viewed 1535 times
This is as far as I got before I gave up. I actually mannaged to get it to show up in the plug-in mannager with the help of a tech guy from the school. It just wouldn't load.

colin
Site Admin

Post by colin »

Have you tried adding,

/Applications/Autodesk/maya2014/vray/bin to your PATH?

ignasi-hslu

Post by ignasi-hslu »

HI guys, I'm sorry to revive a 1 year old thread, but I'm really struggling here to get it to work with maya + arnold.
I followed the install instructions, and got Yeti to load, but it won't render no matter what I do.

I have:
-MTOA_EXTENSIONS_PATH pointing to [yeti root]/plug-ins
-[yeti root]/bin added to PATH
- LD_LIBRARY_PATH/DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH pointing to [yeti root]/bin

In my output window I get this errors:

00:00:00   416MB ERROR   | [mtoa] Error initializing extension library: dlsym(0x7fff6c5085a0, initializeExtension): symbol not found.
00:00:00   416MB ERROR   | [mtoa] Error initializing extension library: dlsym(0x7fff6c508680, initializeExtension): symbol not found.
00:00:00   416MB ERROR   | [mtoa] Error loading extension library: dlopen([yeti root]/plug-ins/pgYetiArnoldMtoa.dylib, 5): Library not loaded: @loader_path/../bin/libmtoa_api.dylib
  Referenced from: [yeti root]/plug-ins/pgYetiArnoldMtoa.dylib
  Reason: image not found.
00:00:00   417MB ERROR   | [mtoa] Error initializing extension library: dlsym(0x7ff81c6db4a0, initializeExtension): symbol not found.
Any ideas?

BTW, my setup:
Maya 2015 sp5 OSX (10.9.5) + MtoA 1.2.1.0 + yeti 1.3.19

ignasi-hslu

Post by ignasi-hslu »

NVM, I got it. I was pointing to MTOA's root folder in the DYLD env var instead of the /bin subfolder.
Thx